It’s Rae with you today to share a layout with rich fall colors from the October kit. I pulled out all of the deep colors from the kit to create this layout. Of course all of these darker colors needed to be balanced, and the pinkish Prima Marketing paper with the watercolor-like roses was perfect for it as it had the red and green tones already.
I started by cutting up the papers for the layers at the top of the layout. I used a couple of border punches on some of the paper strips, and distressed the others. I also wanted to incorporate the black and gold accents I used, so I added some black lace from my stash, and then used the Prima Marketing mould and paper clay to create a border. Before the border dried, I cut along the ovals in the mould design to created an interesting edge. Once dry, I painted it with the gold Tattered Angels Glitter Glam, and then rubbed on some dark metallic wax for a vintage feel.
With the top of the layout done, I moved on to the rest of the layout, starting with the Hambly Screen Prints transparency- I cut the oval frame out to use for the base of cluster/layers under the photo, and one of the frames that looks like it’s for a label as the base for my title.
This is one of the many pictures my daughter takes on Snapchat with that funky flower crown filter that I covered with some small handmade roses, and a die cut from the green Hambly paper for some twigs and leaves to create a crown that would work for these papers!
I added some of the red paper, distressed for the photo mats, and added some of the strings I pulled out of the upholstery fabric that came in the kit into the layers.
Here in this picture, you can see some of the fabric that I cut out- some branches with leaves, and the red and gold flower under the green rolled rose. I also added some more handmade roses and more of the green die cut leaves/swirls that I added to the crown on the picture.
Here, I added a title that I cut from my Cameo from heavy cardstock, and then painted with the Tattered Angels Glitter Glam, and then outlined with a black Sharpie. I added a couple more handmade roses, as well some of the tiny fabric leaves I cut out from the fabric.
I finished off the layout by adding some black splatters of India Ink.
Here’s another look at the layout.
Thanks for checking out my “Colour Splash” layout today!